Manufacturers are in the process of developing self-driving cars on a larger scale. Throughout history, the car industry has always been of the most receptive industries to emerging technologies. Since Henry Ford open the doors ofFord at the beginning of the 20th century, technology has redefined the way cars are manufactured, operated and maintained.
- The significant growth of EVs leading up to 2030 will present major opportunities and challenges for traditional original equipment manufacturers , new-entrant OEMs, captive finance companies and dealerships.
- From EVs to insurance, we detail the latest key trends impacting the auto industry.
- For example, Intel announced that it would spend $250m on researching autonomous vehicles and earlier this year purchased Mobileye, a company with autonomous driving technology, for $15.3bn.
- Due to customer demand and supply chain disruption, new factory orders are currently unavailable on new Fiesta.
- Despite this, interacting with an onboard computer remains a distraction